Welcome to IDS Implementation WebConference 2020
Smart grid utilities have never been under more intense pressure to guard their infrastructure against cyberattack. A smart grid cybersecurity strategy that falls short on intrusion detection, will fall foul of regulation, putting its nation at risk of black-out and its economy on the road to melt-down. But to effectively plug the intrusion detection gap, smart grid cybersecurity leaders must get to grips with IDS core principles so that they can convey its benefits upwards and secure ongoing investment. They must design, test and implement systems with ease and confidence. And they must manage the stresses and strains of running advanced AI&ML driven IDS systems on their existing cybersecurity people, processes, and policies.
During this WebConference, three leading European utilities will share the results of their IDS system assessment and discuss their next steps in implementing IDS into their broader cybersecurity infrastructure. Insights will be gained into:
- IDS Core Concepts – turning black box thinking into detailed insights into the core concept and principles driving the effectiveness of IDS systems
- System Design & Implementation – laying the technical groundwork to ensure the effective design and implementation of IDS systems into a broader smart grid cybersecurity strategy
- Testing & Verification – evaluating a range of testing tools and methodologies to effectively benchmark different suppliers’ systems, accurately predict performance levels, and gain assurance of effectiveness
Following on from these utility case-studies, technical representatives of leading IDS suppliers will share their vision and plans for developing AI&ML enhanced functionalities to better support the cybersecurity needs of a more complex and dynamic smart grid.
This event is hosted on the CrowdCast platform, enabling:
- Ease of Viewing – split-screen presentations enable both the speaker and their presentation slides to be visible throughout the event
- Ease of Hearing – high-quality audio facilitated by broadcast quality microphones at speaker site
- Ease of Interacting – interactive Q&A feature enables questions to be rated by all participants so that the most popular are prioritised for addressing
- Ease of Polling – 3 x polls displayed to test the temperature of the industry on key topics of interest with results made available to all participants
- Ease of Retrieving – instant access to speaker presentation slides immediately following the event
Please note that just like our in-person conferences, this is a live WebConference and there will be no recording made available post the event.
What past participants had to say
“Excellent conference, excellent programme, excellent networking, and a great opportunity to learn and share about cyber security. The most hot topic in the digital transformation of the energy sector.”Aurelio Blanquet, Director, Division of Automation and Telecommunications & Chair EE-ISAC, EDP Distribuição
“A great event focused on the energy sector, great networking and collaboration. The attendees are knowledgeable and participate in the subjects discussed.”David Willacy, Global Head Digital Risk and External UK\EU Engagement, National Grid
“A good platform to share experiences, know-how and ideas to get the efforts in the same direction in the energy sector.”Markus Lenzin, Head of Substation Automation Systems, Swissgrid AG