Implementing the Common Information Model to Support the Seamless Integration of Multiple Operational Systems and Flexibility Market Players
Welcome to IEC CIM Week 2022
The Common Information Model is now established as the de facto standard for data exchange within the electric utility environment and a key enabler of the energy transition. But whilst the standard in theory is clear and compelling, it’s implementation in a variety of utility settings, continues to be complex, challenging, and cost intensive.
The 3rd annual IEC CIM Week 2022 conference, exhibition and networking forum brings together CIM implementation leaders from across the power sector to share experiences and insights on the optimal application of the standard within the utility environment, between different utilities in the market, and with a broad range of flexibility market players.
By participating in this week-long programme, you will come away empowered to:
- Create a compelling CIM business case and secure long-term investment
- Get the buy-in and support of senior management and peers in other departments
- Prioritise the operational systems that would benefit most from CIM integration
- Leverage CIM for data exchange with other utilities, flexibility market players, and other critical infrastructure organisations
- Embed security and privacy into your CIM implementation to ensure full legal and regulatory compliance
By the end of this week-long programme participants will have a thorough understanding of the fundamental building blocks of CIM, clarity on the cost-benefit, how to devise a robust business plan and implementation roadmap to secure long term investment, and full awareness of how CIM enabled systems must be secured to ensure you achieve legal and regulatory compliance.
Jakub Sliva, Asset Data Specialist - Stedin
Miguel Escribano Rodenas, Engineer - RED ELECTRICA DE ESPAÑA
Yang Feng, Project Deployment Manager - Siemens
Discussion themes include
Event highlights include
- CIM & ENERGY TRANSITION – understanding the fundamental building block on CIM and how it facilitates data sharing internally, with flexibility market players, and a range of other critical infrastructure players.
- BUSINESS CASE FOR CIM – establishing a cost-benefit analysis and implementation roadmap to secure long-term investment in CIM for internal and external applications
- IMPLEMENTING IEC 61970 - to drive safe and secure data sharing across a range of operational systems within the TSO environment
- IMPLEMENTING IEC 61968 – to drive high volume data sharing within the complex LV network environment
- IMPLEMENTING IEC 62325 – to ensure effective integration with a variety of flexibility market players and critical infrastructure players
- CIM SECURITY & PRIVACY – going beyond regulation to strike the balance between data availability and privacy as more systems, protocols and players are integrated
- CASE-STUDY PROGRAMME – hear lessons learnt from 20+ utility implementations of CIM across a wide range of operational systems, flexibility and critical infrastructure players
- TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION DISCUSSIONS – understand the CIM integration and verification strategies of key system suppliers committed to supporting interoperability
- ROUNDTABLE DEBATES – participate in intimate discussions, where you bring your CIM implementation challenges to the table and benefit from the insights of the entire ecosystem
- SOLUTION ZONE – the opportunity to technology scout through a focused display of 20+ CIM enabled product and service providers
- FACILITATED NETWORKING - join the organised onsite networking and online hang-outs during refreshment and lunch breaks for direct interaction with speakers in an intimate setting