All participants of our in-person events must show proof of double-vaccination and wear a mask for the duration of the event.
Past Participants include:
Welcome to IEC CIM Week 2022
The Common Information Model is now established as the de facto standard for data exchange within the electric utility environment and a key enabler of the energy transition. But whilst the standard in theory is clear and compelling, it’s implementation in a variety of utility settings, continues to be complex, challenging, and cost intensive.
The 3rd annual IEC CIM Week 2022 conference, exhibition and networking forum brings together CIM implementation leaders from across the power sector to share experiences and insights on the optimal application of the standard within the utility environment, between different utilities in the market, and with a broad range of flexibility market players.
By participating in this week-long programme, you will come away empowered to:
- Create a compelling CIM business case and secure long-term investment
- Get the buy-in and support of senior management and peers in other departments
- Prioritise the operational systems that would benefit most from CIM integration
- Leverage CIM for data exchange with other utilities, flexibility market players, and other critical infrastructure organisations
- Embed security and privacy into your CIM implementation to ensure full legal and regulatory compliance
By the end of this week-long programme participants will have a thorough understanding of the fundamental building blocks of CIM, clarity on the cost-benefit, how to devise a robust business plan and implementation roadmap to secure long term investment, and full awareness of how CIM enabled systems must be secured to ensure you achieve legal and regulatory compliance.
Monday 21st March: Fundamentals of CIM Workshop
This in-depth yet comprehensive workshop on the fundamental building blocks of the Common Information Model, will enable you to understand the theory, practical application, and future evolution of the standard in a variety of settings, so that you are fully primed and ready to receive the more complex implementation information that will be imparted in the days that follow.
Tuesday 22nd to Thursday 24th March: Implementation Case-Study Conference & Exhibition
During the course of these main three conference days, you will hear from 20+ TSOs and DSOs at the forefront of implementing CIM. You will come away clear on the cost-benefit, able to fine-tune your business plan, ready to re-define your implementation roadmap, and eager to work more collaboratively with your suppliers to integrate CIM widely for true multi-vendor interoperability.
Friday 25th March: Security & Privacy Seminar
The week wraps up with a deep dive into the security vulnerabilities that CIM introduces and the privacy concerns that your legal departments have. You will understand how to implement the optimal prevention, detection and response strategies to counter the security vulnerabilities, get to grips with the evolving threat landscape, and get confident in working with your cybersecurity lead to strike the balance between data availability and data security & privacy.
Discussion themes include:
- STRATEGIC DRIVERS – understanding the regulatory, organisational and business case factors driving the take-up of CIM by utilities, technology suppliers, and system integrators
- IMPLEMENTATION ROADMAP – establishing a cost-effective roadmap for CIM implementation, validation and certification for internal and external integrations
- CIM FOR OPERATIONAL SYSTEMS – creating a cost-effective CIM profile for use across a wide range of internal operational systems within TSO and DSO organisations
- CIM FOR FLEXIBILITY MARKET – ensuring ease of CIM profile use with a range of external parties and new flexibility market players
- CIM HARMONISATION – achieving effective CIM interworking with other standards such as IEC 61850 and BIM
- CIM SECURITY & PRIVACY – building in appropriate levels of security and privacy to ensure legal compliance of your data sharing strategy
Event highlights include:
- CASE-STUDY PROGRAMME – hear lessons learnt from 20+ utility implementations of CIM across a wide range of operational systems, flexibility and critical infrastructure players
- TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION DISCUSSIONS – understand the CIM integration and verification strategies of key system suppliers committed to supporting interoperability
- ROUNDTABLE DEBATES – participate in intimate discussions, where you bring your CIM implementation challenges to the table and benefit from the insights of the entire ecosystem
- SOLUTION ZONE – the opportunity to technology scout through a focused display of 20+ CIM enabled product and service providers
- FACILITATED NETWORKING - join the organised onsite networking and online hang-outs during refreshment and lunch breaks for direct interaction with speakers in an intimate setting
Testimonials from past editions:
“Great opportunity to meet, exchange, discuss and develop ideas concerning CIM.”
Ruben Haasjes, Data Consultant - Alliander
“CIM 2021 was a conference with high quality speakers, cutting edge topics and organised
in an excellent way.”
Miguel Escribano Rodenas, Engineer - RED ELECTRICA DE ESPAÑA
“Bringing utilities from across the world together to digitally transform our energy systems.”
Jakub Sliva, Asset Data Specialist - Stedin
“The conference was a good chance for everyone using or investigating CIM, with a good mix of perspectives such as regulators, utilities, system integrators and vendors, with experienced subject domain experts.”
Yang Feng, Project Deployment Manager - Siemens