Driving the rapid replacement of cybersecure IEC 61850 systems within the substation, inter-substations, to the control room, and across DER infrastructure
Monday 18th to Friday 22nd October 2021
Hybrid Event: Onsite: Gothenburg Sweden + Online: Swapcard Virtual Event Platform
Event Time Zone: Central European Time (CET)
€2,000 on Exhibitor spaces
Welcome to IEC 61850 Week 2021
The programme and speaker line-up for the 8th annual IEC 61850 Week 2021 is currently in research and development and will be released in May 2021. This 5-day programme will draw together utility IEC 61850 and substation digitisation project directors, with leading system integrators and pioneering technology suppliers, for a technically in-depth review of the latest IEC 61850 implementations within the substation and across the wider smart grid, worldwide.
Covid-19 has compounded the need for grid digitisation, process automation, and remote management. But it has also exposed the vulnerabilities of today’s digital grid technologies and justified the need for a more rapid technology replacement rather than maintenance strategy, to ensure that critical national infrastructure is able to keeps pace with societal demands as we transition deeper into the digital age.
This year’s programme will assist utilities in managing their IEC 61850 deployment programmes with ‘replacement’ placed firmly at the heart of their strategies. The pre-conference workshop provides hands-on practical guidance on specification, whilst the main 3-day conference, exhibition and networking forum showcases large-scale multi-vendor deployments of IEC 61850 within legacy and new substations, inter-substation, to the control centre, and across DER infrastructure. The week wraps up with a post-conference seminar that deep-dives into the cybersecurity challenges that must be resolved in order to drive a much faster pace of deployment of next generation IEC 61850 systems.
Discussion themes include
Event highlights include
- SPECIFICATION – working effectively with suppliers to develop robust technical specifications and drive industrial scale deployment
- ARCHITECTURE – optimising the features and functionalities of station bus and process bus architectures
- ENGINEERING – managing the engineering process to ensure timely and cost-effective design, configuration, and testing of industrial level deployments
- REPLACEMENT – keeping up with the pace of technology change and driving a replacement strategy that strikes the balance between grid resilience and cost-efficiency
- CYBERSECURITY – leveraging the latest standards, solutions, and processes to ensure the cyber-resilience of IEC 61850 architectures and guard the grid against a rapidly growing threat landscape
- CASE-STUDY PROGRAMME – hear the lessons learnt from 20+ TSO and DSO industrial implementations of IEC 61850
- TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION DISCUSSIONS – understand the product development strategies of established system suppliers and disruptive new entrants
- ROUNDTABLE DEBATES – participate in intimate discussions, where you bring your deployment challenges to the table and benefit from the insights of the whole ecosystem
- SOLUTION ZONE – the opportunity to technology scout through a focused display of 20+ IEC 61850 product and service providers
- FACILITATED NETWORKING – join the networking evening reception and meet with peers and partners in a relaxed and informal setting, allowing new ideas to embed and new partnership opportunities to emerge