Welcome to Smart Grid Flexibility 2019
The first Smart Grid Flexibility conference took place October 2019, in London, UK. Drawing together specialists in flexibility and distributed energy, this utility-driven conference focussed on the strategic, commercial, and technical issues surrounding the flexible integration of DERs into the electricity system.
The utility-driven, case-study led conference programme also included a technology-innovation panel, a series of end-user driven round table discussions, a live demo lab of the latest vendor tools, an exhibition area displaying state of the art DER and flexibility technologies, an extended blockchain tutorial and a networking evening reception open to all participants.
Please check back later to see the programme for 2020.
Programme highlights include:
- Case-study driven conference programme – gain in-depth insights into the latest flexibility projects and strategies of pioneering European utilities and understand how new systems and processes are being developed to support digital transformation
- Technology-innovation panel discussions – quiz the leading flexibility solution and DER management system suppliers on the strength of their solutions and suitability for integration into the smart-utility environment
- Roundtable breakout sessions – choose from a selection of intimate roundtables, each addressing a key theme arising from the opening day’s discussions, to allow you to delve deeper into the most specific issues impacting your organisation
- Networking evening reception – relax and unwind after a full day of presentations and panel discussions, meet with colleagues from across the European smart grid community, reflect on new ideas and opportunities for collaboration
- Exhibition area – displaying 10+ suppliers of the latest technologies within smart grid energy flexibility
- Live demo labs – of the latest grid flexibility tools and technologies
Attendees in 2019 heard from 20+ smart grid flexibility case studies including:
Dr. Biljana Stojkovska
What past participants had to say
“Excellent conference, excellent programme, excellent networking, and a great opportunity to learn and share about cyber security. The hottest topic in the digital transformation of the energy sector.”Aurelio Blanquet, Director, EDP
"This conference provided an array of technically detailed presentations. Rather than being too generic and high level, the material presented facilitated much learning in a short time frame. There was also an excellent level of informal interaction among participants. A couple of days well spent."Cormac Long, Technical Consultant, ESB Ireland
“Good opportunity to share updates with colleagues in IT/OT. Discover different approaches for the same problems. Learn new market developments.”Ton Rijnan, Application Manager, TenneT
"A very useful time, open exchange of ideas and information. Excellent real-world presentations.”Allan Wales, Distribution Systems Specialist, SP Energy Networks
“A combination of very knowledgeable experts, panel discussions and round table discussions were useful.”Maryam Al-fadhala, Planning Engineer, Public Works Authority Qatar