The inaugural IEC 61850 USA 2020 conference, exhibition and networking forum will draw together 100+ pioneering IEC 61850 implementation leaders and specialists for 3 intensive days of case-study reviews. Join us for this ground-breaking assessment of innovative pilot projects and commercial deployments, and understand the lessons learnt and management approved roadmaps that will help you drive your own IEC 61850 programmes with greater speed and ease.
Welcome to IEC 61850 USA 2020
The inaugural IEC 61850 USA 2020 conference, exhibition and networking forum will draw together 100+ pioneering IEC 61850 implementation leaders and specialists for 3 intensive days of case-study reviews. Join us for this ground-breaking assessment of innovative pilot projects and commercial deployments, and understand the lessons learnt and management approved roadmaps that will help you drive your own IEC 61850 programs with greater speed and ease.
The event kicks off with an immersive and intensive workshop on the Fundamentals of IEC 61850, led by Christoph Brunner, President of it4power and Convenor of TC57 WG10, in order to bring all participants up to speed and onto the same page regarding the essential building blocks of this complex standard.
The main conference focuses on real-life implementation experiences, and showcases 14+ utility case-studies with a focus on creating IEC 61850 feasibility studies, developing specifications, designing station bus and process bus architectures, configuring, testing, operating, maintaining and managing complex multi-vendor multi-edition systems, and fine-tuning the time synchronization, cybersecurity, and protocol integration aspects of the system for optimal performance. In addition to exploring the applications of IEC 61850 within legacy and new substations, the program delves deep into inter-substation, substation to control centre, and DER applications, paving the way for the wider applications of the standard across the smart grid.
Save $400 on delegate places and $2000 on exhibition spaces.
Program highlights include:
- Case-Study Program– 14+ utility case-studies provide in-depth insights into lessons learnt and future roadmaps of pioneering USA utilities who are committed to sharing their successes and setbacks so that you can drive your deployments with confidence and cost-efficiency
- Utility Heavy Speaker Line-up – putting the end-user voice centre stage, our utility speakers are selected on the strength of the projects they are involved with, their pivotal role in techno-commercial decision making, and their commitment to supporting the large-scale deployment of IEC 61850 on a global scale
- Roundtable Discussions – the opportunity to join a series of intimate end-user focused roundtable discussions involving representatives of the USA IEC 61850 ecosystem, enabling you to bring your real-life challenges to the table and brainstorm and problem solve with IEC 61850 specialists from a variety of backgrounds
- Technology Innovation Panel – the chance to review the product pipelines of leading technology suppliers, quiz their rationale, and influence the direction of future product development in support of end-user requirements
- Solution Zone – an unmissable opportunity to review the most focused and relevant display of IEC 61850 enabled systems, components and tools all under one roof
- Networking Evening Reception – taking place the evening of conference day one, this is the perfect opportunity to relax and unwind, meet with peers from across the USA IEC 61850 community, allow new ideas to embed and new partnership opportunities to form
What past participants had to say
“A very useful time, open exchange of ideas and information. Excellent real-world presentations.”Allan Wales, Distribution Systems Specialist, SP Energy Networks
"An excellent opportunity to look further than the end of your own nose and acknowledge that other people's solutions to shared problems may be far better than yours"Julio E. Dominguez, SAS Designer, UFD
“For me the IEC 61850 workshop was very useful to get a better idea of what the standard is and what it means. Different use cases that were presented during the conference gives me a good idea of the benefits and options.”Hans Slootjes, Specialist, Stedin Netbeheer B.V.
“Excellent opportunity to network in PACS-related subject. Very close to implementation sharing of ideas that can contribute to the improvement of the standard, procedures, tools and equipment. Very useful to be updated with latest TC57 WG10 developments and to refresh concepts through the workshop.”Bruno Miguel Soares, Researcher, Substation of the Future, R&D Nester
“Over many years, the IEC 61850 Europe conference has proven to be a very valuable meeting of minds, with a good mix of vendors and operators.”Anton van der Burgt, Marketing Director, Xelas Energy
“Perfect event for meeting colleagues in the IEC 61850 world: vendors for IEDs, tools, test-sets, TSOs, DSOs, engineering companies and IEC group members. It was interesting to see and hear what others are working with and where the standard is moving. I hope to be able to participate next year.”Anders Dahl Johnsen, Protection Engineer, Siemens