Welcome to IEC 61850 Global 2020. As the pace of IEC 61850 deployment across the wider smart grid gains momentum, new implementation challenges around design, engineering, testing, operating, and maintaining multi-vendor multi-edition IEC 61850 systems are fast emerging.
Welcome to IEC 61850 Global 2020
As the pace of IEC 61850 deployment across the wider smart grid gains momentum, new implementation challenges around design, engineering, testing, operating, and maintaining multi-vendor multi-edition IEC 61850 systems are fast emerging.
The 7th annual IEC 61850 Global 2020 draws together 150+ implementation leaders and specialists from across the world for a thorough review of the most sophisticated large-scale deployments of the standard within the substation, inter-substation, to the control room, across DER infrastructure, and beyond.
This 5-day event kicks off with a one-day workshop on the Fundamentals of IEC 61850 led by Christoph Brunner, President of it4power and Convenor of TC57 WG10, and is followed by a 3-day case study programme showcasing 20+ utility implementations of the standard in the most complex and dynamic grid environments. The event wraps up with a forward looking one-day seminar on the application of IEC 61850 across DER infrastructure.
As the only truly end-user driven meeting for the IEC 61850 community globally, this is the place to be if you want to get up to speed with the latest standardisation developments, deep-dive into lessons learnt from leading edge practical deployment on a large-scale, influence the direction of future product development, and power network with the cream of the global IEC 61850 technical community.
The conference programme and speaker line-up are currently being finalised, please check back in May 2020 for the full programme.
Save up to €800 on delegate places and €2000 on exhibition spaces.
IEC 61850 Global 2020 Programme format:
- Monday 26 October 2020: Workshop – Fundamentals of IEC 61850
- Tuesday 27 – Thursday 29 October 2020: Main Conference & Exhibition – Global IEC 61850 Implementation Case Studies
- Friday 30 October 2020: Seminar – IEC 61850 for DER Integration
Event highlights included:
- 20+ Utility Case-Studies: hear from the most forward-looking utility IEC 61850 implementation leaders and specialists on lessons learnt from practical deployment of the standard across smart grids globally
- Fundamentals Workshop: get up to speed with the latest standardisation developments and understand the essential building blocks of this complex and evolving standard through this practical hands-on workshop delivered by Christoph Brunner, Convenor of TC57 WG10
- DER Integration Seminar: get all the insights and foresights you need into the optimal application of IEC 61850 in the DER domain to help you extend your deployment beyond the substation in the most timely and cost-effective manner
- End-User Roundtables: the perfect opportunity to have your real-life questions answered by brainstorming and problem solving through this series of intimate roundtable discussions with access to representatives of the entire IEC 61850 ecosystem
- Tech Innovation Panels: the chance to hear the product development plans of the key technology suppliers, have your most challenging questions answered, and influence the direction of future product development in favour of end-user needs
- Solution Zone: running alongside the main 3-day conference, this is your unique opportunity to visit 20+ suppliers of IEC 61850 enabled products and services, access their technical representatives, and get tailored advice fit for your specific grid scenario
- Live Demo Labs: opportunity to participate in a series of private 1:1 meetings running during the conference breaks, providing you with the chance to get hands-on experience of the most advanced and forward-looking IEC 61850 solutions
- Power Networking: through a series of facilitated networking sessions and evening receptions, this is the perfect opportunity for you to meet with old friends and establish new connections, to help you take your deployment plans to the next level
Watch the highlights from 2019:
What last year's IEC 61850 Global participants had to say
“Well represented conference from utility stakeholders and decision makers, as well as major vendors, working together to align their visions of the smart grid, and solve upcoming challenges.”Mital Kanabar, Chief Applications Architect, GE Grid Solutions
“The event is extremely well organised and the quality of presenters, presentations, and topics is the best that I have ever been involved in. Very well done and thank you.”Tuan Vu, Senior Digital & Asset Strategies Engineer, Powerlink Queensland
“Excellent opportunity to exchange ideas relating to the latest developments concerning substation automation and DER modelling.”Jan Voltman, Consultant, Alliander
"IEC 61850 Global 2019 was an interesting opportunity to exchange experiences, and see how other companies are implementing the IEC 61850 standard, as well as what their challenges are in the future."Marco Salgado, Service Engineer, ESIA
"An excellent opportunity to look beyond your own experiences and see how other people are presenting solutions to shared problems."Julio E. Dominguez, SAS Designer, UFD