Welcome to GIS4SmartGrid 2019
The 2nd annual GIS4SmartGrid 2019 conference, exhibition and networking forum was designed to meet the information needs of geographical information system teams working within the smart utility sector. This independently researched, case-study focused GIS forum provided the information and inspiration attendees needed to drive their GIS people, processes, and platforms to the next level.
Over three intensive conference days, attendees heard from 14+ utility GIS leaders on how they are implementing next-generation solutions, integrating them with their IT and OT systems, and providing new functionalities and support for a wide range of end-users throughout their smart utility organisations.
Technology choices, implementation lessons and future roadmaps were discussed in the context of organisational objectives and regulatory pressures, providing robust guidance to help attendees benchmark their own GIS strategy, fine-tune their own implementation plans, and drive their own GIS department to its next level of success.
Programme highlights include:
- Case-study programme – included 14+ utility GIS case-studies providing insights from actual implementation experiences and details of management approved roadmaps
- Utility driven speaker line-up – selected on the strength of the projects they were involved with and their pivotal roles in decision-making
- Technology innovation panel – provided the opportunity to benchmark existing solutions and influence the direction of new product development
- System Integration tutorial – attendees deep-dived into the integration challenges and identified proven approaches to integrating advanced GIS systems with legacy IT and OT systems
- Roundtable discussions – attendees had the opportunity to participate in a series of end-user focused discussions that provided multiple perspectives on the most timely and mission-critical issues facing GIS teams
- Solution zone – attendees took advantage of 10+ suppliers of next generation GIS platforms and solutions in this tech-intensive and time-efficient way to stay abreast of the solutions on the market and on the horizon
- Networking evening reception – open to all participants this networking event allowed attendees to relax and unwind after an intensive day of presentations and discussions, meeting with colleagues and new contacts to forge new partnerships to take their department to the next level
20+ utility GIS case studies including:
Jon Andreas Pretorius
Ibon Ruiz Escribano
Marina Grujic Milosevic
What past participants had to say
“I really enjoyed the conference. It was very valuable to me and really well organized, a unique possibility to exchange knowledge with like-minded people from other utilities. I certainly recommend GIS4SmartGrid for other companies wishing to take the next step in this area.”Raffael Hilber, Head of Development Network Information, BKW
“GIS4SmartGrid is worth both the time and the effort to gather and discuss the matters of innovation to success. ‘Take a step back, think and act quickly to tackle the challenges’ – this is the main message.”Yiannakis Ioannou, GIS Coordinator and Engineering, Electricity Authority of Cyprus
“A great combination of very knowledgeable experts, panel discussions and round table discussions.”Maryam Al-fadhala, Planning Engineer, Public Works Authority Qatar
“I really enjoyed the discussions about shared problematic issues with the experts. Sharing points of view with peers and often other DNOs”Damien Garcia, Responsable technique exploitation, Strasbourg Électricité Réseaux
“A vendor agnostic conference focused on utility experiences”Loïc Rebours, DSI, ENEDIS