Welcome to GIS4SmartGrid 2019
Welcome to the 2nd annual GIS4SmartGrid 2019 conference, exhibition and networking forum. Designed to meet the information needs of geographical information system teams working within the smart utility sector, this independently researched, case-study focused GIS forum provides the information and inspiration you need to drive your GIS people, processes, and platforms to the next level.
Over three intensive conference days, you will hear from 14+ utility GIS leaders on how they are implementing next-generation GIS solutions, integrating them with their IT and OT systems, and providing new functionalities and support for a wide range of end-users throughout their smart utility organisations.
Technology choices, implementation lessons and future roadmaps will be discussed in the context of organisational objectives and regulatory pressures, providing robust guidance to help you benchmark your own GIS strategy, fine-tune your own implementation plans, and drive your own GIS department to its next level of success.
Programme highlights include:
- Case-study programme – including 14+ utility GIS case-studies providing insights from actual implementation experiences and details of management approved roadmaps
- Utility driven speaker line-up – selected on the strength of the projects they are involved with and their pivotal roles in decision-making
- Technology innovation panel – the opportunity to benchmark existing solutions and influence the direction of new product development
- System Integration tutorial – deep-diving into the integration challenges and identifying proven approaches to integrating advanced GIS systems with legacy IT and OT systems
- Roundtable discussions – the opportunity to participate in a series of end-user focused discussions that provide multiple perspectives on the most timely and mission-critical issues facing GIS teams
- Solution zone – visit with 10+ suppliers of next generation GIS platforms and solutions and take advantage of this tech-intensive and time-efficient way to stay abreast of the solutions on the market and on the horizon
- Networking evening reception – open to all participants this networking event allows you to relax and unwind after an intensive day of presentations and discussions, meet with colleagues and new contacts and forge new partnerships to take your GIS department to the next level
20+ Utility Case Studies Including:
Jon Andreas Pretorius
Ibon Ruiz Escribano
Marina Grujic Milosevic
What Past Participants Had to Say
“I really enjoyed the conference. It was very valuable to me and really well organized, a unique possibility to exchange knowledge with like-minded people from other utilities. I certainly recommend GIS4SmartGrid for other companies wishing to take the next step in this area.”Raffael Hilber, BKW
“GIS4SmartGrid is worth both the time and the effort to gather and discuss the matters of innovation to success. ‘Take a step back, think and act quickly to tackle the challenges’ – this is the main message.”Yiannakis Ioannou, Electricity Authority of Cyprus
“A great combination of very knowledgeable experts, panel discussions and round table discussions.”Maryam Al-fadhala, Public Works Authority Qatar
“I really enjoyed the discussions about shared problematic issues with the experts. Sharing points of view with peers and often other DNOs”Damien Garcia, Strasbourg Électricité Réseaux
“A vendor agnostic conference focused on utility experiences”Loïc Rebours, ENEDIS