Welcome to Common Information Model 2020
This case-study driven conference drew together Common Information Model leaders from TSOs and DSOs across Europe, for 3 intensive days of CIM implementation reviews.
Going beyond the fundamentals of the CIM standard, this programme offered the opportunity to get to grips with the practical challenges that would arise as attendees embarked on their CIM implementation journey, along with the strategies and tactics to enable them to navigate it with ease. By benchmarking their plans against the experiences of pioneering utilities, attendees were able to establish a framework for their own CIM implementation that could be replicated across systems and domains, so that a true value through CIM is delivered and transformed from a perceived overhead into a solid long term investment with demonstrable ROI.
Check back soon for the 2021 programme and conference details.
Programme highlights for Common Information Model 2020 included:
- 14+ Utility Case-Studies – attendees benefitted from in-depth insights into the latest CIM implementation projects from pioneering European utilities and learnt how new tools and technologies are being developed to support CIM based integration
- Strategic Panel Discussion – attendees heard senior management representatives of utility organisations discuss the value propositions and roadmaps to secure their investment in CIM
- End-user Roundtable Discussions – attendees chose from a selection of intimate roundtable discussions, each addressing a key theme arising from the day’s discussions, allowing them to gain deeper insights into the most specific issues impacting their CIM implementation
- Technology Innovation Panel – leading tech experts were quizzed, stress tested their product development plans, and had attendees influence the direction of their product innovations in favour of end-user requirements
- Open Source Simulation Modelling Tutorial – attendees took advantage of this two part 90-minute deep-dive into integrating recently developed opensource systems for advanced power grid simulation modelling to support CIM implementation, and how this can be used to support real life applications
- Networking Evening Reception – the end of day one provided the opportunity to relax and unwind after a full day of presentations and panel discussions. Attendees met with colleagues from across the European Smart Grid CIM community, reflected on new ideas and created new opportunities for collaboration
- Solution Zone – the exhibition area saw a display of 10+ CIM-enabled solution providers, attendees were able to get advice from those at the leading edge of implementing CIM, and develop new partnerships to take their CIM programme to the next level
Speakers in 2020 included:
What Past Participants Had to Say
"A great forum to see how other utilities are approaching similar problems in different ways. A more efficient way to learn from other people's experiences"Carl Johnstone, Director, i4 Asset Management
"A place where you can share challenges from your organisation and learn about the possibilities from others"Ramnath Ambathy, BIM Program Manager, Statnett SF
"An excellent opportunity to find more ideas, get insights on the cutting edge and foster networking with colleagues with different approaches to the same problems"Ricardo Prata, Subdirector of Assets and Data Analysis, EDP Distribuicao